It’s finally here. Ever After Music Festival is back for a 5th year at On The Grand & Bingemans!
Hands down this festival is the ‘hardest’ EDM Festival in Canada. Your neck will be sore from headbanging and your heart will be full from all the memories… or if your memory is a little fuzzy then at least your instagram will be.
I’ve been to this festival every year since it’s birth. Here’s what you need to know:
You’re going to want to exchange your hard copy or online tickets in for wrist bands as soon as possible. You can do that at the early registration locations:
Beyond Oz Head Office
119 Westcreek Drive, Unit 4
Woodbridge ON L4L 9N6
Open Monday May 27 through Friday May 31
10am till 5pm Daily
425 Bingeman Centre drive
Kitchener ON N2B 3X7
Open Monday May 27 through Wednesday June 5th
Monday to Friday 11am till 6pm Daily
Saturday 11am to 5pm
You can see the interactive map HERE. When you get your wrist bands, don’t forget to register them ONLINE. Wristbands must be registered, why not do it online ahead of time instead so you can get through the line faster? Here is the link to register your bands. Don’t have a ticket yet? We’re giving them away every morning and afternoon on 91.5 The Beat, so make sure you’re listening!
We’ve known the lineup for a while, but finally we have SET TIMES! Here they are. The second main stage has a new name every night. Don’t forget to check out your awesome Canadian talent too! Oh, and I’ll start with the pre party happening at On the Grand on Thursday!
Side note: It’s a wee hike to get from one stage to the other. If you’ve never been to the new On the Grand Venue (2nd main stage), I’ll just let you know right now it is up a hill, I’d say give yourself 10-15 minutes to get from one stage to the other. Here’s the map!
Study this map. It is your friend. Heck, even screen shot it and keep it on your phone. Keep in mind where water stations are and washrooms are! I’ll highlight some of the attractions in a sec but first lets talk…
There is NO re-entry into the festival. The event is rain or shine and there’s no ticket refunds. You can replace a lost or stolen wristband for a $20 Fee.
Here’s what your CAN bring in with you:
- YES Small bags, single compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, & purses (maximum 12”x12”)
- YES water bottles—must be empty upon entry
- YES CamelBaks with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- YES Cell phones
- YES Cannabis (10g or less per person, only in pre-rolled form. Any loose leaf will not be allowed in.). Only to be used in designated smoking areas where there is no food or alcohol permitted.
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Sunscreen
- YES Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes (only permitted in designated areas)
- YES E-cigs or vapes(including Juuls)(only permitted in designated areas)
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- YES Earplugs
- YES Portable Phone Chargers
- YES lip balm & gloss
- YES Powder makeup and sealed tampons
- YES Glowsticks& glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Sealed packs of gum
- YES Hula hoops (including LED hoops)
- YES LED poi
- YES Inflatables
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company branded and no hard flagpoles)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6” (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.)
Here’s what you CAN’T bring:
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia or alcohol
- NO Pets
- NO Massagers
- NO Fireworks
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO gas masks, masks, or face coverings
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside from a first aid station)
- NO Vape Juice
- NO Liquid makeup or unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Indian Type Headdresses
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs
- NO Bota bags
- NO Large purses, bags or backpack (over 12″×12″)
- NO Stuffed dolls
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
Now let’s start talking about some of the ATTRACTIONS! There’s of course, Splash Island. I highly suggest you check it out. It is SO relaxing to chill there before seeing your favourite acts and dancing your face off!
There’s Mad Hatter’s Playhouse, which has ALL of the things to do. Ferris wheel, zip lining, obstacle courses, bubble machines, roller rinks and more! It’s fun to even walk through!
And don’t forget the VENDORS. There’s tons of merch and FOOD! 91.5 The Beat will be on location with BODY PAINT and GLITTER, so stop on by if you want to glam yourself up!
Come on our and have FUN! Grab your FESTIE BESTIES and I’ll see you there! – Laura